16 December 2009

Two weeks old



It's funny, sometimes people tell me, "How nice that you're a photographer and don't have to pay people to take photos of you kids." Actually, I've had other photographers take photos of my family more than I did before I started a business - I think being a photographer makes me appreciate photography more.

So when my sweet friend Sherri offered to do a newborn session for me, I was so grateful for her generous gift. I thought I would be up to doing photos more, but adjusting to three and recovering from surgery, the best I've done is a few snapshots. It's such a relief to have an amazing photographer come to your house and document such a fleeting time for you, while I sat on the couch and did nothing. ;)

Thank you, Sherri - I'm absolutely in love with all of them!!

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is adorable -- just love that you are capturing him while he is still little!

sherri said...

If I recall, you didn't exactly get to sit on the couch the whole time. I had you holding blankets with your toes or something. Oh wait, maybe that was me. :P Anyway, I just adore him and miss him already. Thanks for letting me do this. :)

Maria Hays said...

Gorgeous pictures, what a priceless gift!!!

Chelsey said...

*sigh* I love these. Sherri, you are welcome to my house anytime! ;) So excited for this next phase of your journey, Ellen, mama-extraordinaire of THREE! :)