19 March 2010

Five for Friday: Unfinished Business



The list of projects I've started and need to finish is growing...

1. baby presents - it's amazing how the world opens up to you when you learn how to sew! All of a sudden you see things and think, "I can make that!" Of course, whether or not I finish them before they become first birthday presents is another question...

2. We're converting our dining room into a temporary nursery. Mommy needs some sleep, and there really wasn't a room-sharing arrangement that would work with our kids being so little, so we're storing the dining room table and chairs, stuffed yet more furniture into our living room, painted the room a cheerier green color, bought a big-girl dresser for the middle baby (who is still in a crib), and #3 is now sleeping in there. It's still not finished (will it ever be?) but we're making progress. I still need to make some cafe curtains for the cutout to the living room, and find a way to make the room less of a passageway to the kitchen...maybe curtains?

3. baby quilt - As a new quilter, I naively assumed I would leave the four-week class at Hip Stitch with a finished quilt. Ummmm....apparently there's more to it than that. I did (almost) finish piecing it - I just need to sew together the outer border, and then I need to baste it, and then quilt it, and then add the bias...yep, going for the first birthday as a new goal!

4. knitting - I know it doesn't look like I've even started the hat for my husband, so it can't be something I need to finish, but I actually have started it five times. The darn rib stitch on the circular needles is driving me crazy!

5. the scrapbook - I think I've previously alluded to my love/hate relationship with scrapbooking. The middle baby is turning 2 in a couple of months, and I'm still hoping to finish her first year scrapbook before I start on the baby's, which is all they get by the way. A first year album. When I'm done with #3's album, I'm donating all my scrapbooking gear and going digital. I can't wait!

Don't even get me started on projects I haven't even started but want to...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I am SO with you there on scrapbooking! Well except you are ahead of me because my oldest will be turning FOUR next month and I haven't finished his first year album (all mine are getting as well) and my youngest will be TWO next month and I haven't even started hers! I'm looking forward to going all digital as soon as I get those first years done (one day)! :)

Chelsey said...

I love your 'day in the life of' images ... I feel like I'm there, going through the five and surveying your life with you. It brings a great connection - I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Your posts and your images. I 'almost' want to start something like this something just for me. As soon as I figure out what it is I will let you know. Love to knit too and ahve so many started projects, I really really want to get them going again. I am also right there with you on scrapbooking -- and have the basement full of ideas to prove it(no printed image yet or time to do themLOL).

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! Love all your amazing projects! (even if they arent done all the way) Glad Im not the only one like that! i have to keep a separate craft blog for all the ideas that I have floating around in my head and that I see on the internet. It keeps growing, but I just havent started yet! lol ;)