30 December 2008

los poblanos



I actually did do a few weddings this summer/fall with Kim. I know, I only posted one from the whole season. Sheesh! This was actually the last one from the season at Los Poblanos here in Albuquerque. We do a lot of weddings at a lot of venues, so I have to admit I start to get a little picky.

Los Poblanos is probably the most impressive. The staff went above and beyond for us - some venues have us eat a boxed lunch in the bathroom (slight exaggeration) at weddings. Not Los Poblanos. I actually took a photo of this cute little table for two on the back patio - guess what, it was for us!! And the wait staff served us wine like we were real guests, and the salad was made from local farms (including right there from Los Poblanos). The salad had pomegranates on it - wow! Delicious!! Don't even get me started on the dinner.

Since I'm the "associate photographer," I usually hang out with the groom, who doesn't usually get the fancy room. But even the groom's room at Los Poblanos was great. Quaint, with lots of attention to detail. I can only imagine how the bride's room looked.

And a fall wedding there is perfect. I'm actually going to take my husband there next fall to stay the night. It's in the middle of Albuquerque's north valley, but it feels so quiet and out of the way, you feel like you're at a mountain getaway.

Ok, enough about me - here are a few photos from the actual wedding...


I'm a total sucker for kids at wedding - it's actually a bit ridiculous (I think I take as many photos of the cute kids as the bride and groom!) He's super-cute, isn't he?

Maybe now that things have slowed down a bit I'll get around to posting more wedding photos from this season. Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That sounds like a heavenly retreat. Beautiful couple shots... and yep, that kid is pretty darn cute too ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know about the box lunch in the bathroom! What a treat! Sounds like a great venue and great pictures too! I like the running one.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love that 1st one!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, love the first one!

Anonymous said...

LOve the first photo, something about a running bride and groom gets me! awesome processing on it!

TL said...

Aw these are fabulous! I love the 1st

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wedding images! And LOL, I do the same thing at weddings, watch the kids! Love the composition of the first shot, lovely.

Lisa said...

These are just lovely! I especially like the composition on the first. ++